- Open the VaccinationSchedule-04.docx start file. If the document opens in Protected View, click the Enable Editing button so you can modify it.
- The file will be renamed automatically to include your name. Change the project file name if directed to do so by your instructor, and save it.
NOTE: If group titles are not visible on your Ribbon in Word for Mac, click the Word menu and select Preferences to open the Word Preferences dialog box. Click the View button and check the Show group titles check box under Ribbon. Close the Word Preferences dialog box.
- Select the tabbed text in the middle of the document and convert it to a table (accept default settings). Don’t include the blank line below the tabbed text.
- Select the entire table and apply the following changes:
- Select Banded Rows in the Table Style Options group [Table Tools Design tab] and deselect all
- Apply the List Table 1 Light – Accent 2 table style (Figure 4-120).
- Change the font size on all the text in the table to 10 pt.
- AutoFit the table and choose AutoFit Window.
- Change row height to 0.25″.
- Center all text vertically within each cell. (Hint: Use the Cell tab in the Table Properties dialog box.)
- Sort the table by Name of Vaccine in Ascending order. Be sure to select Header row in the My list has area of the Sort dialog box.
- Make the following changes to the table:
- Insert a row above the first row.
- Merge the three cells in the new first row and type the following:
RECOMMENDED VACCINATION SCHEDULE
- Bold and center the first row and change the font size to 11 pt.
- Bold and italicize the column headings in the second row.
- Select the first row and apply borders with the following settings: solid line, Black, Text 1 color (second color in the first row of Theme Colors), 1 ½ pt. width, and apply a top and bottom
- Select the second row and apply a border with the following settings: solid line, Black, Text 1 color, 1 ½ pt width, and apply a bottom border. Do not remove the top border applied in the previous step.
- Select the last row and apply a border with the following settings: solid line, Black, Text 1 color, 1 ½ pt width, and apply a bottom border.
- Align Center [Table Tools Layout tab, Alignment group] the column headings.
- Align Center the text in the third column.
- Insert the following information alphabetically into the table. Insert rows where needed.
This table lists text to be typed in a table
Meningococcal conjugate (MCV)
At 11-12 years
Hepatitis B (HepB)
At birth, 1-2 months, and 6 months
- Modify the title of the document (“Vaccination Schedule”).
- Apply the Title style to the title of the document.
- Change the After paragraph spacing to 8 pt.
- Center the title horizontally.
- Apply small caps and bold formatting to the title.
- Insert and modify a picture.
- Place the insertion point after the title and insert the CMPLogo-04 picture downloaded from the Resources link. Use the Insert Picture dialog box.
- Change text wrapping to Top and Bottom.
- Change the height of the logo to 1″. Verify the logo remains proportional.
- Apply the Offset: Bottom Right shadow picture effect (Outer category).
- Set the Horizontal Absolute position to 0.2″ to the right of Page.
- Set the Vertical Absolute position to 0.2″ below Page.
- Insert a picture and add a caption.
- Place the insertion point at the end of the first body paragraph and insert the Vaccination-04 picture downloaded from the Resources link. Use the Insert Picture dialog box.
- Change the text wrapping to Square.
- Change the height of the picture to 1.3″. Verify the graphic remains proportional.
- Drag the picture to the right of the first and second paragraphs.
- Insert a caption, delete the caption placeholder text, and type Don’t neglect your vaccinations! as the caption text.
- Center the caption text, change the font color to Red, Accent 2 (sixth color in the first row of Theme Colors), and turn off italics if it is applied to the text.
- Select the caption and the picture and Align Center.
- Group the caption and the picture.
- Set the Horizontal Absolute position to 6″ to the right of Margin.
- Set the Vertical Absolute position to 0.8″ below Margin.
- Edit the alt text of the graphic objects.
- Edit the alt text of the CMP logo and type Courtyard Medical Plaza logo as the alt text.
- Edit the alt text of the graphic of a doctor, type Graphic of a doctor as the alt text, and close the Alt Text pane.
- Save and close the document (Figure 4-121).