Week 8 Assignment – System ImplementationOverviewThis is the fourth in a series of five sequential assignments (the course project) in which you continue to act as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of a hypothetical, e-commerce start-up company of your design.You have been working on delivering an information technology project plan in anticipation of the company relocating to a new facility.
- In the first course project deliverable, you created a project plan inception document and supporting Gantt chart.
- In the second course project deliverable, you developed the business requirements to be incorporated into the information systems design you are creating. You also updated your original supporting Gantt chart based on major and minor tasks identified in the business requirements document.
- In the third course project deliverable, you created an infrastructure design that considered the key elements of software, hardware, security, and business process flow for your e-commerce startup company. Once again, you updated your supporting Gantt chart to reflect the major and minor tasks uncovered while developing the infrastructure design.
This fourth course project deliverable focuses on the project’s construction phase. In this assignment, you will develop the system implementation plan document. This document will include the engineering, furnishing, and installation (EFI) technical aspects of your e-commerce company’s information systems infrastructure. This assignment consists of two parts:Part 1: System Implementation DocumentYou will create an 8–10-page system implementation document that details the engineering, furnishing, and installation (EFI) technical aspects of your e-commerce company’s information systems infrastructure.Part 2: Updated Gantt ChartYou will use Microsoft Project to once again update the supporting project Gantt chart begun in your first course project deliverable.
- You are not creating a new Gantt chart, only updating the one you created in the previous assignment with the major and minor tasks uncovered while creating the system implementation document.
- You are to create or assume all necessary assumptions to successfully complete this assignment.
- You must submit both parts as separate files to the assignment area. Label each file name according to the appropriate part.
InstructionsPart 1: System Implementation DocumentYou are to write an 8–10-page system implementation document in which you:
- Use graphical tools to design the logical and physical layout of the planned e-commerce company’s information systems.
- Use graphical tools to illustrate the possible placement of key infrastructure elements with external connectivity (Internet) and internal connectivity (firewalls, LAN).
- Develop the bill of materials and tabulate it in a spreadsheet to include item, description, model number, and approximate cost.
- Document the methodology and process to include the engineering, furnishing, and installation of the identified inventory.
- Use three sources to support your writing.
- Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate.
- Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.
- Access the library or review library guides for help with research, writing, and citation.
Part 2: Updated Gantt ChartUse Microsoft Project to update the previously created Gantt chart with the major and minor tasks identified in the system implementation document.FormattingThis course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
- The preferred method is for the narrative portion of your assignment to be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.