The Improve Phase—The Path to Solving Conflict
For this milestone, submit a draft of the Improve phase of the DMAIC process for the Garden Depot case study. It should focus on the recommendations you will propose to resolve the conflict or conflicts in the organization, while also probing those recommendations for unwanted consequences.
Next, draft a paper that proposes the solutions you believe will resolve the organizational conflict in the case study, leading to an improved future state, as your Improve recommendations. Remember to include specific potential unwanted consequences that may arise from your Improve recommendations.
The following critical elements should be addressed:
Improve: The goal of this section is to demonstrate that the solutions you propose should resolve the organizational conflict in the case study, leading to an improved future state.
· What corrective actions could you recommend be implemented to address the root causes of the conflict that you previously determined?
· What types of quantifiable metrics can you propose to measure progress in implementing the recommended corrective actions?
· What are three potential areas of resistance to your recommended corrective actions, and what ameliorative suggestions can you offer to reduce such resistance?
· How effective are the various leadership styles on employee engagement and employee empowerment in the case study?
· How has your experience with the team-building process from Tuckman’s theory of group formation dynamics informed your Improve recommendations? Further, what are your thoughts on the value of implementing Tuckman’s five areas of group formation dynamics in preventing some of the issues with the dysfunctional team in the case study?
· What are some effective leadership styles and team-building processes that organizational leadership could use to promote increased employee engagement and foster collaboration?
Be sure to reference your text, the DMAIC Supplementary Documents, and any other course resources to support your answers. You may also conduct some independent research for additional sources to include in your references.