The case study company has provided you with the flexibility to identify many different information systems that are used by the employees. Some systems need strict access control while others should be available to everyone. What access-control methods need to be employed for the various systems? How can the company protect the new consultant network while at the same time providing the protection of data that the stakeholders and customers require?
In addition, you have been asked to describe 2 access control mechanisms and consider if they can be used in the organization. Describe single sign-on (SSO) and virtual private network (VPN) technology and if they can be used in the company.
Complete the following section for Week 3:
- Week 3: Access Controls and Security Mechanisms
- For each of the applications and systems that were described in IP 2, describe the access control mechanisms that are needed for each.
- Describe how the new expanded network can be protected through access control.
- Describe SSO and VPN technology, and discuss whether they can be used in the company.
- Name the document “IP3.doc.”
Please refer to the following worked example of this assignment based on the problem-based learning (PBL) scenario. The worked example is not intended to be a complete example of the assignment, but it will illustrate the basic concepts that are required for completion of the assignment, and it can be used as a general guideline for your own project. Your assignment submission should be more detailed and specific, and it should reflect your own approach to the assignment rather than just following the same outline.