Pick a TV show episode or a film (you don’t have to watch the entire film or show) that you haven’t seen before and then find a scene involving two or three characters. Watch the scene ON MUTE and only focus on nonverbal communication of each character. You might have to watch the scene numerous times. In essay format write 1-2 pages addressing the following prompts.
- Give a brief synopsis of the scene.
- What do you think the relationship between the two people was?
- What do you think they were discussing?
- What nonverbal actions occurred in the interaction?
- What paralanguage did you pick up on and how did it influence the conversation?
Make sure to mention the film or TV show in the introductory paragraph.
It’s a communication class assignment.