Answer both questions. Read the rubric thoroughly before you post your response.
Think about your experiences as a student in school.
- Do you feel that all students received equal educational opportunities?
- Does one’s class or socioeconomic status affect the quality of one’s education?
(minimum 150 words)
Study the resources in the lesson materials section and respond to the questions below. You must reference information from at least two resources to receive credit for the discussion board.
FYI: Listen to the audio clip before you complete part 3. After you have listened to the story (about an hour long) and reviewed all of the resources in this week’s lesson, answer the questions.
Reflect on the nature of socioeconomic status and class and its impact on equal educational opportunities.
- Does a student’s class or socioeconomic status impact their schooling? Explain your position.
- What did you learn from this story? (link found in week 4 lesson materials)
- How can you apply what you learned when you begin to teach?
- Is there anything that surprised you?
(minimum 200 words)
The subject matter is sensitive so be mindful when you respond to the questions.