Identify Building Designs
You are the safety officer of a working commercial structure fire. You find the following building and fire conditions
https://kapextmediassl-a.akamaihd.net/pubSafe/Media/FS102/FS102_1504C/Unit8Assignment/story_html5.html upon arrival. The incident commander has requested that you provide important building information.
Write a 1- to 2-page informative paper (excluding title and reference pages) that identifies:
- What type of construction is involved in the fire, and how do you know what type of construction it is? List three hazards associated with the selected type of construction and why they are hazards.
- Which two design features of the building in the scenario provide the biggest advantage in controlling the spread of the smoke and fire? Outside of the scenario, which building type offers the biggest advantage in controlling the spread of smoke and fire? Why?
- Which two design features of the building in the scenario are of most concern regarding fire and smoke growth? Outside of the scenario, which building type offers the most concern regarding fire and smoke growth? Why?
- Outside of the scenario, what codes and regulations are associated with building construction projects?
- Convey the building information to the incident commander, including the dangers associated with the represented building and the precautions that should be taken to safeguard personnel operating on the scene.
Note: This assignment will require outside research. Include three references (two credible outside sources and the textbook). Discuss how you evaluated the credibility of the outside sources used. You may consult the Library, the internet, the textbook, other course material, and any other outside resources in supporting your task, using proper citations and references in APA style.
- Also give me a brief summary as to why you chose your three references.