- Is it an advantage or a disadvantage to have an accent?
- What role has slang played in your own development of language and culture?
- What are some of the problems inherent in having multiple languages in one country? For example, Canada utilizes both French and English.
- How can language lead to revolution?
- Do you think that language families are an accurate depiction of human migrations? Why or why not?
6. What are the challenges of trying to study a culture with a lost language?
7.What are the three hypotheses about the Indus script?
8.Why haven’t scholars been able to decode the Indus Script?
9.What is one way of trying to determine the direction of writing?
10.How are computers being used to help decipher the Indus Script?
11.What indications are there that the Indus Script is a language?
12.What is the Rebus principle?
13.Why is deciphering the Indus Script important?