find a website that presents information about a topic in a way that you believe is an excellent model of informative writing. After you find the website, write a brief analysis by answering the questions that follow
- Purpose: How can you tell that the general purpose of the writing is to inform? (not persuade, influence, or entertain)
- Audience: Who is the author writing this for? What are examples that the author was thinking rhetorically about the audience?
- Message: What information does the site share and what information is either too general or too detailed for the author to mention?
- Message: How does the author explain new vocabulary, unfamiliar concepts, or possible areas of misunderstanding so the audience is likely to understand the message?
- What made you select this website? Overall, why is it a good model of informative writing?