I need these questions answered in about 200 words each and with individual references on each one.
1. What is the difference between an “honor-oriented society” and a “justice-oriented society” and how do these value differences get expressed in communication? How do different communication values in these societies influence communication about the gospel?
2. What is the difference between masculine and feminine cultures? Chapter 13 in your textbook mentions that “gender differences can and often do result in painful gender disparities.” Discuss one example of this that stands out to you from the chapter.
3. How does your cultural background affect how you handle conflict? How might the Christian worldview as a “cultural background” influence the way someone might handle conflict? What suggestions do you find helpful from intercultural communication researchers? Cite any sources used.
4. Read sidebar 17.4 in Chapter 17 of your textbook. After reading, respond the following reflection prompts: Identify which of the above areas you would consider an area of strength for you. Do you think it would still be a strength in a cross-cultural setting? Why or why not? Choose one of the items above that you find most difficult and explain what it might take for you personally to grow in this area.
5. Charles Kraft has identified several myths (some of which are outlined in sidebar 18.1 of Chapter 18 in your textbook) about the communication of the gospel (for the full list, see Kraft 1991a, 35–54; note also the critique and notations in Hesselgrave and Rommen 1989, 193–96). As you read through the list, can you identify any that you have believed? If you think it is not a myth, how would you respond?
6. Chapter 18 describes different evangelistic methods based on assumptions about the conversion process as well as communicative elements of cultures that shape decision-making responses to the sharing of the gospel. What do you think about these methods? Do you think one is better than the others? Do you think they all have some merits and some drawbacks? Explain, analyzing specific elements of the methods as you compare them.