* I HAVE ALL THE REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE THIS ASSIGNMENT, I WILL MESSAGE YOU THE CASE STUDY (THIS ASSIGNMENT IS WORTH 300 POINTS!)
Special education teachers must remain professional in all situations and are often required to make decisions that involve ethical issues. It is important that special education teachers be aware of the ethical and professional standards as well as special education law.
Review the “Case Study: Stephen.”
Support your findings citing the “CEC Ethical Principles and Professional Practice Standards” and an additional 3-5 scholarly resource.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Program competencies and national standards assessed in the benchmark assignment:
- COE 6.1: Use professional ethical principles and professional practice standards to guide professional practice. [CEC 6.1, ICSI.6.K2, ICSI.6.K4 ICSI.6.S1, ICSI.6.S2, ICSI.6.S3, ICSI.6.S4, ICSI.6.S5, ICSI.6.S7, IGC.6.K4, IGC.6.K6, IGC.6.S2; InTASC 9(a), 10(f); MC3, MC4, MC5]
- COE 6.2: Describe how foundational knowledge and current issues influence professional practice. [CEC 6.2, ICSI.6.S1, ICSI.6.S2, ICSI.6.S4, IGC.6.K1, IGC.6.K2, IGC.6.K3; InTASC 10(h); MC1, MC2, MC4]
- COE 6.6: Provide guidance and direction to paraeducators, tutors, and volunteers. [CEC 6.6, ICSI.6.S8, ICSI.6.K13, ICSI.6.K14, ICSI.6.S12; InTASC 10(n); MC1, MC2, MC4, MC5]
- COE 6.7: Demonstrate legal, ethical, and quality requirements related to the management of confidential student information. [CEC 6.1, ICSI.6.S1, ICSI.6.S2, ICSI.6.S4, ICSI.7.S1, IGC.6.K1, IGC.6.K6; InTASC 5(k); MC1, MC2, MC4, MC5]