DSRT 734 M40
INFERENTIAL STATISTICS FOR DECISION MAKING
Please discuss, elaborate, and reflect on the following from chapter 7.
Give examples and elaborate on the applications of the topic. don’t plagiarize. write your own sentences.
1. What is a normal distribution?
2. List the characteristics of a normal distribution.
3. How do you convert empirical distributions to standard normal distribution?
4. How do you find the proportion of a normal distribution that lies between two scores?
5. How do you find the scores between which a certain proportion of a normal distribution falls?
Show your work and explain your results to answer each question. Don’t write just a number.
Data Set 7-2
There were 184 seniors, 179 juniors, 267 sophomores, and 353 freshmen enrolled at a small college.
1. In Data Set 7-2, what is the probability of picking a student at random and getting a freshman?
2. In Data Set 7-2, what is the probability of picking a student at random and getting either a junior or a senior?
3. What is the nature of the Data Set 7-2. (Describe)
Data Set 7-3
A population of scores was normally distributed with a mean of 32 and a standard deviation of 3.
4. Look at Data Set 7-3. What is the proportion that scored between 30 and 27?
5. For Data Set 7-3, what is the range of scores that separate the middle 60 percent from the extremes? (Lower and upper score)
6. Look at Data Set 7-3. What is the proportion of the distribution with scores of 30 or more?