Analysis of a Persuasive Speech
View the persuasive speech, Graham Hill: Why I Am A Weekday Vegetarian. Based on the video, respond to the following questions in your post:
- What is the speaker’s topic?
- Who is the speaker’s target audience? How do you know?
- What is the speaker’s thesis?
- How did the speaker use logos?
- How did the speaker use ethos?
- How did the speaker use pathos?
- What other persuasive techniques did the speaker use?
- Did the speaker use visual aids? If so, how did these help persuade you?
- What defective persuasion did the speaker use?
- Did the speaker persuade you to listen to their point? Why or why not?
Why I’m a weekday vegetarian – Graham Hill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUJD3sGppUo&feature=emb_logo
Please post 1 peer response.
In the response post, based on your classmate’s review of the speech, including the following:
- Was the speaker’s use of ethos, logos, and pathos effective?
- How did the speaker use presentation aids?
- Was the delivery of the speech effective? Why or why not?
- Were you convinced?
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Choose: Persuasive Speech Topic
Evaluation Title: Persuasive Speech Topic
Choose a topic for your persuasive speech. Craft a Word document which addresses the following:
- What is your topic?
- Who is your target audience?
- Share examples of logos, pathos, and ethos you will include in the speech.
- What other persuasive techniques and/or appeals will you use?
- How will you avoid defective persuasion?
- Identify a minimum of three research materials you will use as supportive evidence. Include an APA citation as well as a 3-5 sentence summary of each material.
- Share ideas for presentation aids to be used in the speech.